The RINEX file upload method uses satellite observations from a Rover or Base Station to correct AeroPoint observations, for example, for variations in models of the atmospheric conditions at time of measurement.
To process AeroPoint data using a RINEX file, you need a RINEX file with the following properties:
- The file must be RINEX v2.11
- The RINEX sampling interval must be at least 10s.
- The RINEX file must cover the entire duration of the AeroPoint survey, from the moment the first AeroPoint was turned on to the moment the last AeroPoint was turned off.
- The duration of the survey is given as GPS or UTC time when you select the RINEX upload option. Make sure your file covers the the time period of the AeroPoint survey using the correct timezone.
- You must know the Coordinate Reference System of the measurements in the RINEX file.
Combining RINEX files from multiple days
If you have two RINEX files covering the period of the survey, for example, if your survey extends across two different days in GPS time, you can use a program called TEQC to concatenate the two files:
- TEQC is available from https://www.unavco.org/software/data-processing/teqc/teqc.html
- You can use a command like "./teqc fbar0010.17o fbar0020.17o > good0010.17o" two splice two files into one single file for upload
Global accuracy: the best available,20mm/20mm/50mm
Consistency: the best available, 20mm/20mm/50mm
Internal accuracy: 10mm or less — precise internal reconstruction