Uploading a design surface to your site allows for accurate volume comparisons, measuring the volume between your latest survey data and the design surface.
There are two ways to create a Design Surface that can be used for creating surface-to-design volume comparisons:
- Upload a DXF file directly to your survey in the Viewer
- Upload a TTM GeoTIFF or Trimble TTM Design Surface for processing
Uploading a DXF directly to a survey via the Viewer
If your design surface is part of DXF file which contains the 3DFACE entity type, you can upload it for instant use via the Layers menu of the Viewer.
Uploading a GeoTIFF or TTM for processing
- One digital elevation model (DEM) and or one Trimble TTM design surface.
- One digital elevation model (DEM) and/or one orthophoto GeoTIFF file for viewing in the Viewer.
Add your design file. This can be done by dragging and dropping files anywhere on screen, or clicking the central button.
Once you have chosen your file, it will be checked for validity. If any validations fail, you will be informed of the reason(s) why.
Once your file has been checked and is valid, click Next to proceed.
Set the dataset name and dataset capture date.
- The capture date/time will determine where the dataset lies on the timeline view and is defaulted from the capture time of the first submitted image.
- In order to choose a time, click the time panel at the bottom of the date selector. When done, click elsewhere on screen to close the date selector dialogue.
The dataset name is how this dataset will be referred to in the Viewer and is defaulted to the dataset date.
Click Next to proceed.
The next page is a summary of the details and the processing outputs which we will create on your new dataset.
Each card can be clicked in order to return to the relevant section for revision.
Once you click Submit, your request will be finalized and your file will begin uploading.
Once submitted, you can track the progress of the upload of your files. Do not close the window or navigate away from this page, or your upload will be cancelled.
If your internet connection is interrupted, a message will be displayed as below. Leave your browser window open and your computer running, and the upload will automatically resume when possible.
Once your files have completed uploading, you will see the page below. It is now safe to navigate away from the page. Alternatively, use the buttons to access the Viewer or create another dataset.
An email will be sent to all users with view permission on the selected site once processing has completed.