Loading and measuring against a base design
If the area where your stockpile sits has a design representing its base, you can measure the volume based on the design surface.
How to measure a stockpile using a base design:
- Upload your design surface (see: Uploading Design Surface Data).
- Change the volume type to Volume Compare.
- Select the design surface representing the base of your stockpile as the comparison surface.
Customizing the stockpile base
Measuring material on uneven or stepped ground, stored in bins, stacked against benches, or in overlapping piles can require more customization than the interpolated base used by the Smart Volume.
The Custom Base volume type allows for precise adjustment of individual vertex points making up the outline of a volume measurement. Adjusting the position and elevation of the vertices allows the measurement base to accurately reflect the material in the stockpile.
How to customise the base of a stockpile measurement:
- Using the Polygon Tool, draw the outline of your stockpile using the Stockpile or any other template.
- Change the volume type to Custom Base.
- To begin editing the base, right-click the measurement on the map and click Edit Shape, or click on a vertex point.
- Adjust the points to reflect the shape of the material.
- Click Save to recalculate the volume.