Keeping your equipment up to date with the latest firmware revisions can improve the overall reliability and feature set of the system.
This article takes you through the process of updating your equipment.
- DJI Phantom 4 RTK (P4RTK)
- Data connectivity
- USB OTG cable
- Micro USB cable
- Computer (optional)
Before you start:
- Charge your controller and aircraft batteries fully before beginning the update procedure.
- Verify that you have a stable internet connection. A slow or poor connection will cause the update to either fail or take a very long time to successfully complete.
- Remove the propellers from the craft and verify that the camera is free from obstacles, including the foam and plastic gimbal restraints.
- Power on the drone and controller.
- Connect to a mobile data or WiFi connection using your controller.
Option 1 (Recommended): Use DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom
- Download and install the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom from the Phantom 4 RTK page on DJI's website. Select the correct version for your operating system under the software column.
- Connect the computer to the aircraft with a micro USB cable. The port is located on the side of the aircraft, next to the SD card port. The USB OTG cable can be used if you only have USB type C ports.
- Open DJI Assistant 2 and turn the aircraft on. Under connected devices you should see the Phantom 4 RTK appear.
If it does not appear try reconnecting the USB cable or try another cable.
- Click on the Firmware Update tab and wait for the page to refresh.
- Click Update on the latest firmware version and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installing the latest version, restart the aircraft and connect it to Assistant 2 again to confirm that the latest version has been successfully installed.
- Repeat for the controller, making sure that only one item is turned on and connected to your computer at a time.
Update the batteries:
The batteries of these crafts also have firmware that may need updating.
- Put each of your batteries into the craft and power them on.
- If there is an update available, you will see a prompt on the screen warning of a firmware inconsistency.
- The craft will update the battery for you.
When the battery is updating the two center lights on the battery will flash.
Do not remove or power off the battery while they are flashing.
Option 2: GS RTK app
Note: We always recommend updating the firmware using the desktop version of DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom as explained above
- Turn your controller (GS RTK) and drone on.
- Tap the Device Firmware icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Wait for the firmware list to refresh (or tap the refresh button in the top right hand corner).
- Tap on the latest firmware version to bring up the current status of each device.
- Tap Update to start the process. A graphic will appear that shows how to connect the controller to the other device.
- Wait for the update to complete and follow any instruction to restart the craft.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller tech support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.