Each Phantom 4 RTK camera goes through a calibration process that measures the distortion of the lens, and records the corresponding distortion parameters in the image metadata.
When the “distortion correction” is turned off, the original image with distortion will be generated. When “distortion correction” is turned on, the camera will perform its own correction of the images, this reduces the precision of the correction compared to correcting the distortion in post-processing —DJI FAQ.
If distortion correction is enabled, the resulting images will actually be less precise. Therefore, when you are uploading survey images to Propeller, do not turn on distortion correction.
Disabling Distortion Correction
1. Turn on the controller and the drone.
2. Tap on Plan.
3. Select your mission type.
4. Enter the Camera Settings in the mission settings menu.
5. Disable the distortion correction with the toggle, if it is not already turned off.
6. Set your other missions settings, tap Save, and name the task.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller tech support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.