Setting up a site is required to process and visualize your data in Propeller.
The site setup wizard can be accessed from the sites landing page or the Create new dataset flow.
1. Give your new site a name. This is how it will be referred to in Propeller and emails to your team.
2. Choose an industry from the tabs or dropdown. We will tailor the primary tools and workflows available to you in Propeller based on what you are doing on site.
3. Set the rough location of your site. This will help us show you your site on the map straight away, as well as providing smart defaults based on your region.
You can either search by location or latitude/longitude in the search bar, or click the Use my location button to ask your browser to set a coarse location automatically.
Ensure that you have zoomed the map in enough such that the box fits tightly around the extents of your site.
4. Set the coordinate system that you work in on your site. This setting will carry through to your dataset uploads—this information need only be filled in once.
Choose from either using a published system (defined by an EPSG code, see http://epsg.io/ for reference) or a local grid system:
If you aren't sure how to proceed with this step, you can skip to the Invite People step and invite your surveying team to complete the setup.
We will show you a list of recommended systems for your region, if available.
If you do not see your system here, click Show all systems and you can search from a comprehensive list of supported coordinate systems.
Having chosen a coordinate system, we ask for your vertical datum. If we support geoids in your region that are compatible with the horizontal datum you have selected, you will see a list of these too.
Finish up by selecting your measurement unit, and click Next to proceed.
Local grid system:
If your site operates in a local grid (calibrated) system then you can provide either a Trimble JXL or Topcon GC3 file which describes your calibration.
—Trimble JXL: We will read the parameters from your file automatically.
—Topcon GC3: We require that you open this file with a Topcon software and copy the calibration parameters into Propeller. You can read more about it here.
4. Invite people and teams to collaborate on your new site. You can skip this step.
5. You're done! You can now choose the next action, such as Creating a dataset on your new site.