If your controller is displaying an error message regarding the IMU calibration, then follow these steps to calibrate the IMU. This is different from the compass calibration.
- DJI Phantom 4 RTK/PPK
- Flat surface (e.g. indoors on a table)
- Do not calibrate your IMU on an uneven surface as this will effect the calibration.
- Do not have your propellers attached during this IMU calibration.
- On a flat surface power on your controller and drone (with the propellers detached). Your drone should be standing upright.
- Open the drone settings tab by clicking on Fly from the home screen followed by clicking on the the 3 dots at the top right of the screen.
- Within the drone settings tab scroll down and click on Advanced Settings.
- Then click on Sensors and you should see the IMU Calibration option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, which will prompt you to position and balance your drone in different angles while the IMU is being calibrated.
Examples of positions you will be promoted to put your drone in:
This IMU calibration process will require you to place your drone in unusual positions such as balancing the drone tilted forward on its landing gear and two front arms or balancing it upside down.
Please be extra careful with your drone during this process. The drone will sit in each requested position comfortably.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller tech support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.