This article will guide you through the upload procedure for high-accuracy datasets that have been geotagged using an RTK or PPK solution other than Propeller PPK.
If you are using the PPK workflow with a DJI Phantom 4 RTK, there are different steps for uploading a PPK survey dataset.
- You have created your site in your portal.
- You are familiar with the survey upload workflow using Propeller.
- You know the coordinate reference system of your site.
- If you are using a local calibration, it has already been configured for the site.
- You know the horizontal datum and vertical datum of your image geotags.
Uploading geotagged images
Upload your photos using the Survey option
Your photos are scanned for conformance in the following three categories. Photos must pass these requirements to be properly processed.
For more information on these validations, please see our pilot help materials.
Once the photos have been validated, a map will appear with the location of your photos. Make sure that the map of the photos is the area you surveyed.
To let us know these are high-precision geotags, toggle on the "Photos have high-accuracy geotags" toggle.
A word of caution—if you are unsure if your photos have been corrected already, do not turn on the toggle.
Name your dataset and confirm the capture date.
Provide your ground control used for the flights
As per the standard workflow, there are four options for submitting ground control:
- Adding an AeroPoint survey
- Uploading a CSV file with ground control points
- Adding both an AeroPoint survey and a CSV
- Not adding ground control
Choose whichever ground control method is most appropriate for your site.
Select the vertical datum used in your photos geotags
The industry standard for high precision geotags is to use WGS84 as the horizontal datum and ellipsoid height as the vertical datum. As such, we assume that the horizontal datum will be in WGS84 but we allow for the vertical datum to be specified.
Please ensure that you select the vertical datum that your photos were corrected to by your RTK software. Failure to do so can lead to delays when processing your data and may require you to resubmit the dataset.
Complete the rest of the upload
Finish your upload by following the standard steps in a survey data set:
- Configure the outputs, including selecting a filter.
- Verify in the upload settings that the images have high-accuracy geotags.
- Submit your data for processing.
Do not leave the upload progress screen until the upload is complete.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data success team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top-right pane of your user portal.