Measuring material on uneven or stepped ground, stored in bins, stacked against benches, or in overlapping piles can require more customization than the interpolated base used by the Smart Volume.
The Custom Base volume type allows for precise adjustment of individual vertex points making up the outline of a volume measurement. Adjusting the position and elevation of the vertices allows the measurement base to accurately reflect the material in the stockpile.
How to customize the base of a stockpile measurement
- Using the Polygon tool, draw the outline of your stockpile using the Stockpile or any other template.
- Change the volume type to Custom Base.
- To begin editing the base, right-click the measurement on the map and click Edit Shape or click on a vertex point.
- Adjust the points to reflect the shape of the material.
- Click Save to recalculate the volume.