New firmware updates are available for users of the Propeller PPK drone workflow
Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0011
Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0014
DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.1
DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom: v2.0.8
How to get your P4RTK drone and controller up to date
This update behaves slightly different than previous firmware updates, as the controller firmware can only be updated using the GS RTK application found on the controller.
Follow these steps to update firmware on the controller:
- Power on your Phantom 4 RTK controller and make sure you are connected to WiFi.
- From the main menu, tap Device Firmware in the bottom-right corner.
- Press the Refresh button if necessary, then follow the prompts to upgrade the controller to version 02.02.0014.
Then, to update the drone:
- Connect your Phantom 4 RTK drone to a computer via USB and open the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. If you need to install it, please follow this link.
- Select the Phantom 4 RTK from the device list and follow the prompts to upgrade to version 02.02.0011.
Firmware changes to Propeller’s PPK workflow
- Added a Block Segmentation function to divide large mapping areas into multiple missions that can be executed using single or multiple aircraft in Multi-Aircraft Control mode.
- Added altitude optimization for orthogonal operations. When enabled in the app, the aircraft will fly to the center of the operation area to collect a set of oblique images after the flight to optimize the altitude accuracy.
- Adjusted the restricted zones for country borders to improve the accuracy of the flight limits.
In addition to the changes above, we have noticed that this update will turn on the Aircraft RTK positioning by default. If you are not using an RTK base station alongside your Phantom 4 RTK drone (as most PPK workflow users do not), the Aircraft RTK positioning will need to be turned off before you can fly.
To turn off the Aircraft RTK positioning:
- Tap the Fly button on the home screen.
- Then tap the three white dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap the RTK tab on the leftmost column and turn Aircraft RTK positioning off.
- Then, set the RTK Service Type to None.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller tech support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.