New firmware updates are available for users of the Propeller PPK solution.
Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0312
Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0307
DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.2-GSP
DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom: v2.0.8
We advise that you update the remote controller before the aircraft. As updating the firmware can take some time (up to several hours), you should update the firmware when you have a strong and stable WiFi connection.
If you have an urgent survey that doesn't require any airspace unlock certificates, you can hold off on updating. However, if you require any sort of airspace unlock, you will need to update the firmware before you fly or the drone will not take off.
How to update your remote controller:
- With a fully charged battery, power on your Phantom 4 RTK controller and make sure you are connected to WiFi.
- From the main menu, tap Device Firmware in the bottom-right corner.
- Press the Refresh button if necessary, then follow the prompts to download and upgrade the remote controller to version 02.02.0307.
- You may need to restart the controller once or twice for the new version to display properly.
Issues with the controller update?
If you’re having issues downloading or installing the new firmware for your remote controller (RC), deleting previous firmware versions can often solve the problem. To delete previous firmware versions:
- From the home screen of GS RTK, tap the three lines in the top-left corner.
- Tap the Settings gear.
- Near the top of the screen, tap Apply to All, then tap Explorer.
- Tap Internal Memory, scroll down and enter the DJI folder, then enter the firm folder.
- Firmware folders will be at the top of the list and named based on their version numbers. Tap and hold on any old versions and select Delete from the menu.
- Return to the home screen of GS RTK.
- Tap Device Firmware in the bottom-right corner and continue with the new firmware download.
Alternatively, you can download the firmware from DJI. Make sure you download the V02.02.0307 ZIP file.
Once it is downloaded, copy and paste the file into your microSD card.
Insert the microSD card into your controller and power it on. Give the controller about 10 seconds to recognize the file, and if nothing happens, try tapping Device Firmware and then returning back to the home screen. You should see a pop up like the one below.
Tap Install. This may take several minutes.
Following the install, the drone will automatically restart itself. The controller may not immediately show that it updated to the new version. In that case, please restart the controller again.
Then to update the drone:
- Connect your Phantom 4 RTK drone to a computer via USB and open the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. If you need to install DJI Assistant, please follow this link.
- Select the Phantom 4 RTK from the device list and follow the prompts to upgrade to version 02.02.0312.
- Added an option to control the Terrain Rendering Map Display in the app. When planning a Terrain Awareness operation, users can enable or disable the display in General Settings.
- Fixed the issue where the Waypoint operations could not include the absolute altitude when exporting the operations.
In addition to the changes above, we have noticed that this update will turn on the Aircraft RTK positioning by default. If you are not using an RTK base station alongside your Phantom 4 RTK drone (as most PPK workflow users do not), the Aircraft RTK positioning will need to be turned off before you can fly.
To turn off the Aircraft RTK positioning:
- Tap the Fly button on the home screen.
- Then tap the three white dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap the RTK tab on the leftmost column and turn Aircraft RTK positioning off.
- Then, set the RTK Service Type to None.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller tech support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.