What good is your data unless you can share it with coworkers, management, and stakeholders in a project?
The benefits of sharing your site include ease of collaboration, transparency, better conflict resolution, and better management of your site.
There are two main ways to share a site:
- From the Share button in the header menu.
- From your portal's People & Teams menu.
If you would like to share access to multiple sites, the portal administrator can manage access in the Sites & Teams tab.
Sharing access from the header menu
1. From the site's header menu select Share.
2. Enter the email address of the new user(s). Press enter after you have typed in the email address and double-checked it.
3. Click Invite to send an email invitation to the new user(s).
From the Site Settings
1. Click on Settings in the site header.
2. In the dropdown, scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click Go to Site Settings.
3. Click on People & Teams.
4. Enter the email address of the new user(s). Press enter after you have typed in the email address and double-checked it.
5. Click Invite to send an email invitation to the new user(s).
The new user(s) will be sent an invitation to view the project and create a log in and password.
If they cannot find the email, ask them to check their Spam folder and make sure that your IT department whitelists emails from Propeller.
By default, new users will only have View permissions to the specific site you shared. The portal administrator manages which users have Edit and Manage permissions.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data success team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top-right pane of your user portal.