This article will walk you through how to convert .LAZ to .LAS through CloudCompare
- CloudCompare on your computer. Don't have it? Download it here.
- .LAZ file
1. Launch the CloudCompare software.
2. Navigate to Main Menu > File > Open file
3. Import your .LAZ data. Once it is successfully imported into the software, it will appear in the DB Tree Layer Panel on the left side of your viewer.
4. Click the .LAZ layer and navigate again to the Main Menu > File > Save.
5. This will prompt a Save dialogue box which will provide options of output data formats. Make sure to choose .LAS as an output file and ensure that you put a file extension .las when saving your output data.
6. You are done.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data specialists team can help for an hourly consulting rate. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk with us right now from the chat bubble and we'll do our best to help.