Cloud compare is a free, open-source application that handles 3D point cloud and meshing on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. This article will take you through its installation process.
- Admin rights on your computer.
- Save and close everything—the installer will restart your computer.
1. Go to http://www.danielgm.net/cc/, click download and then select the appropriate version for you.
For most people, this will be the latest stable release for Windows (64 bit).
2. Once downloaded, run the installer (this should be in your Downloads folder) and follow the prompts through any security popups.
On Windows 10, this means clicking “More info”, then “Run anyway”.
3. Now click Next until you get to the final form, then click Install.
4. Wait for the installation to run—this can take some time.
Note: Installation can freeze on the last step (seen below), but it will eventually finish. So don’t worry if it doesn’t look like it’s doing anything for a while.
5. Once it’s finished click Finish and allow your computer to restart.
6. You’re done! You should now be able to launch Cloud Compare from your start menu.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data specialists team can help for an hourly consulting rate. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk with us right now from the chat bubble and we'll do our best to help.