Firmware Update Available for the Phantom 4 RTK (March 10, 2020)
New firmware updates are available for users of the Propeller PPK solution.
Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0401
Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0403
DJI GS RTK App: v2.1.6
DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom: v2.0.8
We advise that you update the remote controller before the aircraft. As updating the firmware can take some time (up to several hours), you should update the firmware when you have a strong and stable WiFi connection.
If you have an urgent survey that doesn't require any airspace unlock certificates, you can hold off on updating. However, if you require any sort of airspace unlock, you will need to update the firmware before you fly or the drone will not take off.
- Added a Metering Mode option in Camera Settings. The default is average metering as it best serves mapping applications.
- Extended the validity period of DJI GS RTK App from 7 days to 60 days
- Added Relative Altitude in operation parameters to set the relative height between the takeoff point and the operation area.
- Adjusted the accuracy of maximum speed in waypoint operation to one decimal place
- When planning Terrain Awareness operations, mission areas can be created by importing KML/KMZ files.
- Only Mapbox is supported now for basemap display in the DJI GS RTK app. (Mainland China version, Amaps, excluded)
- Fixed the issue where firmware v02.02.03xx failed to download in the DJI GS RTK app.
- Fixed the issue where the joystick of remote controller could not be calibrated
- Fixed the issue where the camera occasionally failed to shoot
Above are the updates that will affect users of Propeller's PPK workflow the most. You can find the full release notes for this update here.
Note: The aircraft cannot be downgraded to v02.02.0011 or a lower version after this firmware update. After updating the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller with this firmware version, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
How to update your remote controller:
- With a fully charged battery, power on your Phantom 4 RTK controller and make sure you are connected to WiFi.
- From the main menu, tap Device Firmware in the bottom-right corner.
- Press the Refresh button if necessary, then follow the prompts to download and upgrade the remote controller to version
- You may need to restart the controller once or twice for the new version to display properly.
Then to update the drone:
- Connect your Phantom 4 RTK drone to a computer via USB and open the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. If you need to install DJI Assistant, please follow this link.
- Select the Phantom 4 RTK from the device list and follow the prompts to upgrade to version
We have noticed that firmware updates will turn on the Aircraft RTK positioning by default. If you are not using an RTK base station alongside your Phantom 4 RTK drone (as most PPK workflow users do not), the Aircraft RTK positioning will need to be turned off before you can fly.
To turn off the Aircraft RTK positioning:
- Tap the Fly button on the home screen.
- Then tap the three white dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap the RTK tab on the leftmost column and turn Aircraft RTK positioning off.
- Then, set the RTK Service Type to None.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.