How Do I Save a Measurement?
When you make a measurement on your site, you need to make sure it is saved.
Saving a measurement is simple, however, you do need to have the correct permissions enabled for that project to create and save measurements.
Users with Manage or Edit permissions are able to save measurements, those who simply have View permissions are not.
In a site in your user portal:
1. Create a measurement using one of the platform tools.
Propeller has three different measurement types: points, lines, and polygons.
Point measurements can be used to track elevation changes. Line measurements include grade checks and cross sections. Polygons are most often used to measure volumes. These are just some of the possibilities for measuring your site in the Propeller Platform. You can learn more about different types of volume measurements in this article.
2. Customize your measurement.
Once you have made your measurement, you can customize it in the following ways:
- Change the name of the measurement by clicking on the name of the measurement, changing the name to what you would like, and then pressing Enter to save the name.
- Change the color of the measurement by clicking on the colored circle next to the name of the measurement and selecting a color from the dropdown menu.
- Add a description in the Description text box.
3. Click the Save button
Once a measurement is saved, all users will be able to see the new measurement and use it to manage the work site.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data success team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top right pane of your user portal.