The Network Gateway is a wireless device that provides a wireless network throughout your site for connecting DirtMates. This network connects DirtMates to the internet, which enables the real-time display of the latest data on both the Propeller Platform and DirtMate Dashboard.
Activate your Network Gateway
Each Network Gateway includes a region-specific SIM card. After activation, a Network Gateway serial number is assigned to your site. This is used as a reference point on which each fleet is operated.
Here’s how to activate your network gateway
You must secure all the antenna and cable connections before powering it on. Failure to do so could cause permanent damage tothe Network Gateway.
1. Locate the Ethernet port in the bottom half of the Network Gateway. Open the panel by squeezing the lever and sliding the panel down.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port to the Network Gateway by inserting the Ethernet cable into the port, then close the bottom panel.
3. Connect the power from a wall outlet or remote power supply using the other end of the Ethernet cable.
4. Open the app on your mobile device and sign in with your Propeller credentials (SSO available).
5. Install the Network Gateway by selecting “Set up Network Gateway” on the site view in the mobile app.
6. Scan the QR code or enter the serial number on the Network Gateway. Then tap NEXT. The Network Gateway may take a few minutes to initialize and connect to Propeller.
If the Network Gateway is not initialized, it will not allow you to continue with site setup. Tap BACK and try adding your credentials again. If the Network Gateway is not connected to the internet, the app will warn you to “Test your Network Gateway.”
7. Once the gateway is online, you will see a prompt that the gateway has successfully connected to Propeller.
Installing the gateway
Network Gateways should be installed in a semi-permanent, well-elevated spot with a line of sight to the machines with DirtMates. The WiFi signal range from the Network Gateway is approximately 1850ft or 500m. DirtMates will only communicate information within this range, and when they have a line of sight to the Network Gateway.
If site restrictions do not allow placement of Network Gateway within this range, we recommend positioning it where the machines are parked at the end of this shift to allow the data to be uploaded.
A 4G connection should be optimized when selecting the location for the Network Gateway. Along with the connectivity to the machines, consider structures and other forms of interference that could obstruct communication between the DirtMate and Propeller through the Network Gateway.
Consult the network coverage maps below to check for possible problem areas:
Here’s how you can set up your network gateway:
1. Install the WiFi antennas as high as possible on top of the mast.
Look for power lines or other communication devices that might cause interference. For best results, antennas should not be within 6 feet (1.8m) of parallel conductive objects.
2. Attach the Network Gateway to the mast. Ensure that it is low enough to see the indicator light on the mast.
3. Plug the ethernet cable into the remote power assembly of fixed power, and check the indicator lights.
4. Erect the mast. We recommend guy-wiring the top of the mast down to the stakes on the ground for installations with remote tripods and power setups.
5. Once the antennas are installed, apply waterproof tape around the connectors to prevent corrosion on the antennas.
6. Vertically extend the mast from the tripod to assure line of sight between the now-elevated WiFi antennas and the DirtMates mounted on your machines.
Adjust the legs and mast height in tandem to achieve the best balance of stability and height.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the support tab on the top-right corner of the portal.