This article will guide you through the upload procedure for high-accuracy LiDAR datasets from the DJI Zenmuse L1 and compatible ground control.
Please note there are different steps for uploading an already corrected and classified point cloud. You can review these steps in our Knowledge Base article Upload LiDAR Point Clouds as LAS/LAZ Files to View Them as 3D Terrain. The information below covers raw LiDAR processing and classification.
Propeller georeferences and processes the LiDAR data into ground/non-ground classification that can be viewed and measured as a bare earth model in the Propeller Platform, because the terrain or surface that will be generated is from the ground classification.
- A site has already been created in your portal where you can upload your data.
- AeroPoints must be processed before uploading the remaining LiDAR survey.
Ground control is required for processing.
In addition to AeroPoints, targets or panels captured with a rover or other means will also work.
- All photos collected with the L1 must be included.
- There’s a maximum of 1 billion points.
Similar to uploading photogrammetry, select the DATA PROCESSING tab at the top of the screen to start the upload and create a new dataset.
1. Select the LiDAR survey processing option.
2. Select the correction method.
- Selecting Propeller PPK will require the selection of an AeroPoint survey.
- Selecting RTK will require the upload of a base station correction file in .RTB format.
3. Add the raw LiDAR files along with the photos.
It will be validated if the files are complete, depending on the correction method selected.
4. Add the ground control points.
- For PPK, either AeroPoints or AeroPoints and CSV file can be selected.
- For RTK, AeroPoints, CSV, or AeroPoints and CSV file can be selected.
When selecting an AeroPoint survey, process it prior to submitting the data.
5. Name this survey and provide any additional information. In general, this comment box is for the person collecting data to provide relevant information to the person processing the data.
Control purpose, i.e. ground control point or checkpoint, can be specified in the comments as needed.
6. Click SUBMIT SURVEY FOR PROCESSING.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.