What is it?
The Public API (Application Programming Interface) is about programmatically accessing your information in Propeller.
It’s easy and fast to view and interact with your data in the browser, but sometimes you need programmatic access to automate parts of your workflow and integrate with your other internal systems, like GIS or CAD software. Propeller’s Public API enables you to read survey data from all your sites using code.
You can query information about your organizations, sites, surveys, and survey output files with URL links to download the files directly through the API.
Why is it useful?
Our API enables teams with developers to design custom integrations with the Propeller platform, including but not limited to downloading & importing new survey files into third-party software.
What are some examples of things you can do with the API?
- Synchronize survey files from Propeller to another system.
- When surveys have finished processing, access your orthophoto, terrain, or pointcloud information, and download the raw files automatically.
- Pull terrain files into a local private WMS server to use across your CAD or GIS Tools.
- Pull new survey files every week into your long term backup storage server for archive purposes.
- Set up automated alerts or reminders.
- For example, sending an email or assigning someone a task when a new site or survey is created on Propeller.
- Set up a deep integration between Propeller and another application.
- For example, synchronize the full information tree into any of your systems, including Organizations, Sites & Surveys, and Survey files.
How can I get started?
To get started using the API and accessing your Propeller data, check out our Getting Started guide in our developer documentation.
If you have feedback on the API, let us know!
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.