Loading and measuring against a base design
If the area where your stockpile sits has a design representing its base, you can measure the volume based on the design surface.
How to measure a stockpile using a base design:
- Upload your design surface.
- From the MEASURE tab, select CREATE A MEASUREMENT.
Select the Stockpile option from the available templates in the Calculate Volume section.
Customizing the stockpile base
Measuring material on uneven or stepped ground, stored in bins, stacked against benches, or in overlapping piles can require more customization than the interpolated base used by the Smart Volume.
The Custom Base Volume type allows for precise adjustment of the individual vertex points making up the outline of a volume measurement. Adjusting the position and elevation of the vertices allows the measurement base to reflect the material in the stockpile accurately.
How to customize the base of a stockpile measurement:
1. Using the Polygon Tool, draw the outline of your stockpile using the Stockpile template. Alternatively, you can use the Magic Polygon tool and edit the shape, if needed.
2. Change the volume type to Custom Base Volume.
3. To begin editing the base, right-click the measurement on the map and click Edit Shape or click on a vertex point.
4. Adjust the points to reflect the shape of the material.
You can also edit the point by adding the Northing and Easting.
5. Click SAVE to recalculate the volume.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.