Measuring your site is the first step to getting an accurate picture of how much dirt has already been moved. The measurement templates in Propeller give you the power to calculate cut/fill and stockpile volumes in just a few clicks.
Creating a new template
1. Click the CREATE A MEASUREMENT button in the MEASURE tab.Choose Custom from the menu, or search for "No Template" in the search bar.
Click + NO TEMPLATE.
2. Choose the type of template you want to create: Point, Line, or Polygon.
3. Use your cursor to draw a shape for your measurement (point, line, or polygon).
4. Drag items from the Add measurements and custom items menu and drop them into your measurement. Select Save to preserve your changes.
6. Rename your custom template by clicking on the TEMPLATE dropdown and choose CREATE NEW TEMPLATE.
6. Enter the name of the new template and click SAVE.
Edit or Customize an existing Template
1. Open a measurement and scroll to the bottom of measurement items (bottom left corner of your screen).
2. Select Add/Edit Items
3. With the measurements and custom items menu open, you can choose items to add to your custom template. Click Save to associate the selected measurement items with your template.
4. Click on the dropdown menu next to the TEMPLATE name and click SAVE.
Need help customizing templates for your custom workflow? Connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.