Measuring material on uneven or stepped ground, stored in bins, stacked against benches, or in overlapping piles can require more customization than the interpolated base used by the Smart Volume.
Custom Base Volume allows for precise adjustment of individual vertex points that make up the outline of a volume measurement. Adjusting the position and elevation of the vertices allows the measurement base to reflect the material in the stockpile accurately.
How to customize the base of a stockpile measurement
1. From the MEASUREMENT tab, click CREATE A MEASUREMENT.
2. Choose the Stockpile or any other template.
3. Outline your stockpile or use the Magic Polygon tool to draw a polygon boundary automatically.
4. Change the volume type to Custom Base.
5. To begin editing the base, right-click the measurement on the map and click Edit Shape or click on a vertex point.
5. Adjust the points to reflect the shape of the material. You can click on a point and drag it, or edit the Northing and Easting of the vertices.
6. Click SAVE to recalculate the volume.
Bulk offset points
When using the Custom Base Volume tool, you can offset a selection of points at the same time rather than having to individually adjust the elevation of each point.
To select multiple points, click a vertex to enter edit mode, then hold SHIFT while selecting the points you want to edit. This change can save time when making complex stockpile measurements requiring changes to the base of the volume.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.