While you do not need WiFi to fly your Phantom 4 RTK, an internet connection is required to complete certain tasks.
Reasons you need to be connected to WiFi:
- Syncing airspace unlock certificates—self-unlocks and custom-unlocks
- Logging into DJI (required periodically)
- Loading the base map
WiFi Settings Page
1. From the GS RTK home screen or from anywhere within the app, swipe down from the top of the screen. A white menu will drop down. (This will look familiar if you use an Android smartphone.)
Tap the 'Settings' gear or press the Wi-Fi icon to open the Wi-Fi settings directly.
2. From here, tap on 'Wi-Fi.'
3. Once in the Wi-Fi settings, you can connect to, forget, or change Wi-Fi networks.
Network Diagnostic Test
You can check the strength of your connection by running a network diagnostic test.
1. From the GS RTK home screen, tap the three lines in the top-left corner.
4. Tap 'Try Again.'
If your network is strong, the line connecting the 'RC' icon and the 'DJI Agras Management' icon will be green.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to arm you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.