When you make a measurement on your site, you must ensure it is saved.
Saving a measurement is simple. However, you need the correct permissions enabled for that project to create and save measurements.
Users with Manage or Edit permissions can save measurements. Those who have View permissions do not.
How to create a measurement using the platform tools
Propeller has three different measurement types—points, lines, and polygons.
Point measurements can be used to track elevation changes. Line measurements include grade checks and cross-sections. Polygons are most often used to measure volumes. These are just some possibilities for measuring your site in the Propeller Platform. You can learn more about different types of volume measurements in this article.
1. From MEASURE tab, click CREATE A MEASUREMENT.
2. Use the Measurement Picker to choose the right measurement tool for your project. You can select a tool from the main page or by filtering by tool type in the top-right corner of the menu.
3. Customize your measurement.
Once you have made your measurement, you can customize it in the following ways:
- Change the measurement name by clicking on it, changing it to what you would like, and then pressing the Enter/Return key to save it.
- Change the color of the measurement by clicking on the colored circle next to the name of the measurement and selecting a color from the dropdown menu.
- Users can add a description of the measurement in the Description text box.
3. Click the Save button
Once a measurement is saved, all users can see the new measurement and use it to manage the worksite.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data success team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top right pane of your user portal.