Merging AeroPoint Surveys
You may want to merge separate AeroPoint surveys when surveying a site larger than 150 acres (0.6 square kilometers). We suggest the leap-frogging method described here for these types of surveys.
Once you've collected your data, the following steps will show you how to merge smaller surveys into one large one.
Merging AeroPoint surveys will only work if:
- all surveys you would like to merge are not PPK workflow surveys, and
- all surveys were flown within 24 hours of each other.
If you merge already processed surveys, you must reprocess them.
1. Navigate to the AeroPoints dashboard in your portal.
2. In the Your flights menu, click the MERGE.
3. Select the surveys you want to merge by clicking on each. You will be unable to select surveys that cannot be merged together.
4. After selecting the surveys you want to merge, click MERGE MISSIONS.
If you decide not to merge the surveys after all or mistakenly selected surveys to merge, you can click CANCEL and start the process again.
5. After clicking MERGE MISSIONS, your AeroPoint surveys will be merged. You can process your newly combined survey by clicking PROCESS NOW.
Once the AeroPoint survey has been processed using one of the different processing methods available, you can use the data for your work site.
Unmerging AeroPoint Surveys
If you have merged surveys together on accident and need to use the unmerged original surveys, you can retrieve the original surveys using the following steps.
1. In your AeroPoints Dashboard, scroll down to the list of surveys under Your flights.
2. Open the Sort By menu. Check Show archived. Archived surveys will appear without the map thumbnail image, with the name in grey italics.
3. Click on the three dots and select Unarchive.
The original unmerged surveys will now be available for you to use!
Make a copy of an AeroPoint survey
If you already processed your AeroPoint flight, you need to duplicate it in your AeroPoints dashboard or make a copy during the data upload process to produce an unprocessed copy to process your survey.
Making a copy in the AeroPoints Dashboard
1. Navigate to your AeroPoints dashboard.
2. Find the AeroPoint survey you wish to duplicate. You will see a three-dot icon on the right side of the name of the survey. Click it and then click the Duplicate.
3. You now have created an unprocessed copy of your AeroPoint survey.
Use this unprocessed copy of an AeroPoint survey to process with a different corrections method or if you've accidentally processed a PPK flight.
Making a copy during data upload
During the upload process, you can choose the AeroPoint survey used while capturing data. A red outline around the AeroPoint survey indicates it has already been processed, and you must make a copy.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller data success team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top-right pane of your user portal.