Current Versions (as of September 21, 2023)
Remote Controller: v02.02.0614
GS RTK app: v2.2.8-GSP
DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom: v2.0.10
DJI releases periodic firmware updates to the Phantom 4 RTK remote controller and aircraft. We recommend keeping your Phantom 4 RTK up to date with the latest firmware available for the best performance. Please note that the remote controller (RC) and aircraft versions may not match.
Before you start
- Fully charge your controller and aircraft batteries before starting the update procedure.
- Verify that you have a stable internet connection. A slow or poor connection will cause the update to either fail or take a very long time to successfully complete.
- Remove the propellers from the craft and verify that the camera is free from obstacles, including the foam and plastic gimbal restraints.
Please note that the Fly Safe database (Precise Fly Safe database) needs to be updated periodically.
How to update your remote controller
1. With a fully charged battery, power on your Phantom 4 RTK controller and make sure it’s connected to WiFi.
2. From the home screen, tap the cube icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the green Update button to the right of the new firmware version.
4. Tap the green Download button.
5. The firmware update will now begin downloading.
6. Once the download has finished, tap the green Update button within the RC Firmware section on the left.
7. Tap the green Install Update button.
8. Once the installation has been completed, reboot the remote controller to complete the firmware update.
Update the drone
1. Connect your Phantom 4 RTK drone to a computer via the included micro USB cable. Then, open the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom software. If you don't already have the software installed, download DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom here.
2. Power on the aircraft.
3. Click on your Phantom 4 RTK within the Connected Devices list.
4. Click the blue Upgrade button for the latest version available.
5. Acknowledge the following considerations and click the blue Start Update button.
6. DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom will now begin downloading and installing the firmware update to the aircraft.
We have noticed that firmware updates will turn on the Aircraft RTK positioning and other RTK functions by default. If you are not using an RTK base station alongside your Phantom 4 RTK drone (as most PPK workflow users do not), the RTK functions will need to be turned off before you can fly again.
To turn off the RTK functions:
- Tap the Fly button on the home screen.
- Then tap the three white dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap the RTK tab on the leftmost column and turn Aircraft RTK positioning and Maintain Positioning Accuracy Mode off. Set the RTK Service Type to None.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our hardware support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.