Once you have completed an AeroPoint survey, you can upload AeroPoint data to the Propeller Platform using a hotspot on Windows 10 or an Android or iOS device.
1. Open Start > Settings (the gear icon just above the power button).
2. In the search bar, type "hotspot" and open the Mobile hotspot System settings.
3. Click edit to set the Network name, password, and band, and click Save.
Do not set the Network band to "Any available." It must be set to 2.4 GHz.
4. Toggle on the Mobile hotspot and turn Power saving off.
Press the button on your AeroPoints twice. This allows the AeroPoint to connect and upload through your computer's internet connection.
If you are using AeroPoint 2s, please check out our instructions on configuring a custom hotspot for your AeroPoint.
To easily turn this on in the future, in the Action Center, you will see a shortcut now available:
This hotspot will allow eight AeroPoints to upload at once. The others will automatically connect when there is space. It takes approximately one minute to upload each hour of recorded AeroPoint data (but it can take longer if you have a slow connection).
Before you start, enable the WiFi or personal hotspot on your phone. Additionally, you must have mobile data enabled on your phone for internet access through the hotspot.
AeroPoints are configured to look for a WiFi network named propeller (in all lowercase). You can also configure a custom hotspot with AeroPoint 2s.
- Swipe down from the home screen.
- Tap on the Settings gear.
- Tap Network & internet.
- Scroll down and tap on Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap on the network name and change it to propeller using all lowercase letters.
- Tap on the password and change it to propeller using all lowercase letters.
- Toggle on the Wi-Fi hotspot.
For Android 12 or newer, toggle on Extend compatibility.
Android devices allow up to ten concurrent connections to your Personal Hotspot. To see how many devices are connected to your hotspot, swipe down from the top of the home screen and long-press on the WiFi symbol.
Click on the back arrow next to WiFi on the top-left of the screen and scroll down to Mobile Hotspot and Tethering, and toggle on Mobile Hotspot.
Any devices currently connected to your phone's hotspot will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
If you are using AeroPoint 1s or the "propeller" network with AeroPoint 2s, you must change the device name.
- Navigate to the Settings icon.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Tap Name.
- Change the device name to propeller (make sure you use all lowercase letters).
- Navigate back to Settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Tap WiFi Password.
- Change the existing password to propeller (make sure to use all lowercase letters).
iOS devices allow up to five concurrent connections to your Personal Hotspot.
To see how many devices are connected to your iOS hotspot: open the Control Panel on your iPhone by swiping down from the top-right corner of the home screen. Long-press the WiFi icon.
There will be a Personal Hotspot icon in the lower-left with information on the number of devices connected to your hotspot.
Uploading AeroPoint data
You will now be able to upload your AeroPoint data by pressing the AeroPoint button twice to enter upload mode.
A slow blinking light on AeroPoint 1s and 2s indicates that the AeroPoint is connecting to the hotspot.
A fast blinking light on AeroPoint 1s or solid Network light on AeroPoint 2s indicates that the data is being uploaded.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.