Enabling Location Services on your mobile device allows you to see your approximate location when out in the field. This can be especially useful when using the Platform add-on, Crew or the Propeller Mobile App.
Android operating system
1. From Settings, tap either Location or Security & Location, depending on your device's operating system version.
2. Make sure the Location button is turned On. Select the App Permissions and verify that location services are on for your default internet browser.
3. The level of location options varies depending on your device.
- High accuracy uses GPS, WiFi, and mobile networks to estimate location.
- Power saving / Battery saving uses WiFi and mobile networks to estimate location.
- GPS only / Device only / Device sensors use GPS to estimate location.
4. If presented with a location consent prompt, tap Agree.
You can now see your approximate location on site when using a Crew-generated map. If the blue dot is not visible, you can click the generated link again or refresh the browser on your mobile device.
iOS operating system
1. From Settings, scroll down and tap Privacy & Security.
2. Tap Location Services and ensure it is toggled On.
3. Scroll down and tap Safari Websites. (If you use a browser other than Safari, follow the same instructions for that browser.)
4. If not already selected, choose While Using the App.
This option only allows access to location services when the app or one of its features is visible on the screen. On Crew-generated maps, your location will be represented by a blue dot on the screen.