Registering a drone
Whether you have purchased a new drone or ordered a replacement, you must register your drone with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) if you plan to fly in the United States.
Use the steps below to register your drone.
1. Go to the FAADroneZone website.
2. Create an account or log in if you have previously registered a drone with the FAA.
3. Click Manage Device Inventory under the “Inventory” section.
You can also manage your drones and users and submit waivers, authorizations, and accident reports in this dashboard.
4. Click ADD DEVICE.
5. Fill in the details and click the ADD DEVICE button.
You can register multiple drones at once.
6. Once you have added the drones, click the shopping cart symbol in the top right.
7. Click CHECKOUT.
8. After acknowledging the FAA requirements, entering your payment details, and reviewing and confirming the order, the drone will be registered. It will appear in your registered inventory.
How to cancel an existing registered drone
1. Go to the FAADroneZone website and log in.
2. Go to your Device Inventory.
3. Click the three dots on the right side of the device, and then click Cancel.
If you plan to change ownership of your drone, you must first cancel your registration before the new owner can register it in their name.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.