This article will walk you through how to convert .LAZ to .LAS through CloudCompare. Don't have it? Download it here.
1. Launch the CloudCompare software.
2. Navigate to Main Menu > File > Open file.
3. Import your .LAZ data. Once successfully imported into the software, it will appear in the DB Tree Layer Panel on the left side of your viewer.
4. Click the .LAZ layer and navigate again to the Main Menu > File > Save.
5. This will prompt a Save dialogue box, providing options for output data formats. Make sure to choose .LAS as an output file and ensure you put a file extension .las when saving your output data.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient. If you're stuck, you can connect with our support team by clicking the support button on the top right corner of your user portal.