If you are not up to date, any missions you fly in restricted airspace may be compromised. Also, staying up to date with firmware and other drone software will ensure you get the best possible results from your data collection.
The drone needs to be updated through DJI Assistant on your computer. You can update the controller directly while it's connected to WiFi.
We recommend completing these steps and verifying that any unlocks you requested before updating these databases are still on the controller before going to your survey site.
1. Turn on the controller. You should see the home screen for the GS RTK app below.
2. Turn on the drone and confirm it is connected to the controller by checking the on-screen prompt above the Plan and Fly buttons.
3. Tap on Fly.
4. Enter the Aircraft Settings by tapping on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the Fly screen.
5. Enter the General Settings by tapping the three dots on the bottom of the menu ribbon. You will need to scroll down the list of icons.
6. Tap About, found at the bottom of the General Settings.
7. Tap Check for Update next to Precise Fly Safe Database (App).
If you are already up-to-date, the Latest Version message will appear below the version information:
If you're not up to date, you will need to update the database version. Follow on the on-screen prompts to update the Fly Safe Database. This takes about five minutes, but it could take longer based on the speed of your wireless connection.
1. Open DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. You can download it from DJI if you haven’t installed it.
2. Connect your drone to your computer using the micro USB cable.
3. A pop-up message will appear when you click on your drone, prompting you to update the No-fly Zone Database.
4. Click Confirm to start the update.
Once the update is complete, you can check and update the firmware if needed.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.
If you're stuck, the Propeller hardware support team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.