Propeller's Phantom 4 RTK/PPK package provides the ability to export PPK-corrected image geotags for use in third-party photogrammetry software.
- Propeller PPK supported drone
- Imagery collected by your drone on an SD card
- SD card reader/adapter
- At least one AeroPoint
- Active Propeller PPK subscription
Before you start:
- Upload an AeroPoint survey for the site you have flown.
Note:The capture will need to be unprocessed.
If you have already processed your AeroPoints survey, you can duplicate the original by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right-hand corner.
1. Navigate to your AeroPoints Dashboard.
2. Select the unprocessed AeroPoints survey associated with your PPK drone flight and click PROCESS NOW.
3. Choose the appropriate processing method for your AeroPoints survey. If you're processing data with a published coordinate system and your survey site is within the Propeller Corrections Network choose the Propeller Corrections Network. If you're processing data with a Local Site coordinate system, choose the Local Site Survey Benchmark and enter the required known point information.
Note: To use the Local Site Survey Benchmark method, you must first create a local site using the site calibration file. Learn more about setting up the local site using the Topcon .gc3 or Trimble JXL files.
5. Click Process and wait for the results.
If you are using the corrections network, it may take up to 24 hours after your flight for the corrections data to become available.
Downloading PPK geotags
3. Scroll to the bottom of the survey to the 'PPK Image Tags' section.
4. Change the format to Geodetic (Decimal). This will provide the longitude, latitude, and ellipsoid height tags, which is the standard for drone geotags.
5. Download your PPK-corrected image geotags by clicking the DOWNLOAD CSV button.
6. Import your PPK-corrected image geotags into your third-party photogrammetry processing software.
I still can't do it!
We wrote these articles to equip you with everything you need to get the job done on your own, but we understand that sometimes this isn't sufficient.If you're stuck, the Propeller team may be able to help. You can contact our support team by clicking the support tab on the top-right pane of your user portal.